Sports Mania(suscribe us on feeds) Headline Animator

Sports Mania(suscribe us on feeds)

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Camp for New Zealand tour started

LAHORE: The training camp for the National team's upcoming tour of New Zealand commenced here on Wednesday at the National Cricket Academy, Gaddafi Stadium.

The team held practice sessions in the morning and afternoon.

At the afternoon session Javed Miandad was present to give advice and tips to players on batting.

" It is good to have a former batting maestro like Miandad with us to guide players to improve their flaws in batting ", said team's manager, Intikhab Alam after the training
session.

"Players are taking keen interest in training in the a short duration camp in which we will lay special emphasis to improve fitness ", he added.

Miandad said, "It was wonderful to be back with the boys in the field. It is an honour for me to help Pakistan Cricket wherever I am needed and I will make myself available whenever asked. I am looking forward to my work with the team over the next few days. They (players) are all very energetic and enthusiastic. I am confident that when they depart on their very important tour of New Zealand my experience and
contribution would help tune their batting technique", he said.

The Training camp will continue till December 15.

No comments:

Post a Comment